Friday, February 14, 2014

February WIPocalypse

February 14 – Topic: How many projects do you generally feel comfortable having in progress at a time?  Tell us about your one-at-a-time or rotation habits!

I really have no current system for organizing myself and actually that seems to work best for me. When ever I've tried to hold myself to a system, for example that I have to finish this project before I can start on this other one, I find that I lose my enthusiasm for stitching and end up doing nothing. I've found it's more fun for me and I actually get more done if I just let myself do whatever interests me.

This month is actually a great example of that, I really should get Thistle Scissor Keep done, it's so close and really only needs a couple more hours of work, but I stopped being interested in it and really wanted to pick up another one of my WIP's, specifically Sleigh Ride at Dusk Stocking by Dimensions. If I had held myself to the hard and fast rule of needing to finish the Scissor Keep first I just would have ended up doing no stitching at all. By letting myself move to the project that was really calling to me I got a ton done.

Here's where Sleigh Ride at dusk is now, all of the blue-ish sky area is new.


3 comments:

  1. I love that stocking. Can't wait to see it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like that is going to be a beautiful stocking!

    ReplyDelete